Rabeprazole Sodium & Itopride Capsules come under the brand name ELLRAB-IT. This capsule is a combination medicine of proton pump inhibitor and prokinetic agent used to lower the increased level of stomach acid. It treats GERD (gastro-oesophagal reflux disease), and peptic ulcers. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occurs when stomach acid frequently flows back into the food pipe (oesophagus). Peptic ulcers are sores that develop on the inner lining of the intestine and stomach. It is a combination of two drugs: Rabeprazole and Itopride.
Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that works by blocking the action of an enzyme called gastric proton pump, which is responsible for acid production. It minimises the release of acid from the stomach, which provides relief from heartburn and acid-related digestion. While Itopride works on the part of the brain responsible for controlling vomiting. It increases gastric emp undying improves gastric sensitivity and tension by increasing the stomach’s movement and intestines in the upper digestive tract. It also has anti-emetic action. Together, Rabeprazole Sodium & Itopride helps prevent acid reflux, thereby relieving acidity.
Medicinal Benefits of Rabeprazole Sodium & Itopride Capsules
- Helps in treating peptic ulcers.
- It acts as a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that works by blocking the action of an enzyme called gastric proton pump, which is responsible for acid production.
- It minimises the release of acid from the stomach, which provides relief from heartburn and acid-related digestion.
- Helps in controlling vomiting.
- It increases gastric emptying and improves gastric sensitivity and tension by increasing the stomach’s movement and intestines in the upper digestive tract.
- It also has anti-emetic action.
- Stomach pain
Directions for Use
- Take this medicine 30-60 minutes before food.
- Do not chew or crush it.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Depending on your medical condition, your doctor will decide how long you need to take this medicine.
Storage of Rabeprazole Sodium & Itopride Capsules
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Avoid alcohol consumption with this medication as it may cause tiredness, drowsiness, or lack of concentration.
- Please consult your doctor before taking these tablets, if you are pregnant.
- If you have a liver or kidney impairment then consult your doctor.
- Do not give it to children below 12 years unless prescribed by a doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions for Rabeprazole Sodium & Itopride Capsules
Can I take this medicine for longer durations?
Talk to your doctor if you do not feel better even after taking it for 14 days. Do not take this capsule for longer durations unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I lie down after having meals?
Avoid lying down immediately after meals to prevent acid reflux. Raise the head of the bed 10-20cm by putting a pillow so that the head and chest are above the waist. This helps in preventing acid reflux.
Can it be taken by a person who is intolerant to sugar?
This composition contains lactose monohydrate, so a person who is intolerant to sugar should tell their doctor before taking this medicine.
Can this capsule cause diarrhoea?
Diarrhoea might be a side-effect of this capsule. Drink enough fluids and eat fibre-rich food if you experience diarrhoea. If you find blood in your stools (tarry stools) or if you experience excess diarrhoea, consult your doctor. Do not take anti-diarrheal medicine on your own.
Is it safe to consume alcohol along with this medication?
Avoid or limit the consumption of alcohol while taking this capsule as it may lead to increased dizziness. Alcohol intake leads to increased production of stomach acid, thereby increasing acidity and heartburn.
Can a pregnant woman take it?
Consult your doctor before taking it if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the risks.