Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension come under the branding ELLCEF-CV. It comes under the class of medication known as “antibiotics” prescribed to treat serveral bacterial infections including pharyngitis/tonsillitis (throat infections), otitis media (ear infections), sinusitis (infection of the sinuses), community-acquired pneumonia, gonorrhea (sexually transmitted disease), anorectal infections in women, skin, and urinary tract infections.
Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension is a combination of two active ingredients Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanate. Cefpodoxime proxetil acts by preventing the formation of bacterial cell covering, which is essential for their survival. Thereby, destroying the bacteria. Clavulanic acid works by decreasing bacterial resistance and enhancing the activity of Cefpodoxime proxetil against the bacteria. Thus, treat the infection and prevent further growth and spread of the microorganism.
Top Uses of Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension
- Ear infections
- Nose Infections
- Thorat infections
- Gonorrhea (sexually transmitted disease)
- Respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Anorectal infections
Medical Benefits for Patients
Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension offers serveral medical benefits. Follow the prescribed dosage and duration of treatment even if you start to feel better.
- Highly effective in treating a wide range of bacterial infections including Ear infections, Nose Infections, Thorat infections, Gonorrhea (sexually transmitted disease), Respiratory tract infections, Urinary tract infections, and Anorectal infections.
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension is usually safe for children.
- Commonly used to treat respiratory tract infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis.
- Provides broad-spectrum coverage against many types of bacteria gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Syrup often leads to improved clinical outcomes
- It helps to prevent the progression of bacterial infections.
Dosage and Administration Instructions
Take Cefpodoxime Proxetil Oral Suspension as per the Healthcare provider’s prescription. It is usually prescribed by the doctor once or twice a day. Patients have to take medicine same time every:
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension should be taken by mouth.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Using the measuring cup.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
Storage is essential for keeping medicine safe, store the syrup according to the mentioned instructions in the package label, here are the general instructions for storage:
- keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
- Do not use expired medication or medication that appears discolored or has particles in it.
Precautions and Warnings
Use of this Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- The syrup should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Side Effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition. Usually, the side effects go away on time, but if you find that symptoms worsen contact your healthcare provider or doctor.
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Loss of appetite
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take Cefpodoxime Proxetil Oral Syrup with other medications?
Often Cefpodoxime Proxetil Oral Suspension may interact with other medications. It’s crucial to inform your healthcare provider.
What are the side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Oral Syrup?
Like other medicines, it has also some side effects that are Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, and Headache. If negative effects become serious consult your doctor.
How to take Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Oral Suspension?
Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and use the measuring cup. It is crucial to shake the bottle well before each use.