Cefoperazone + Sulbactam Injection: This medicine comes under the branding of Subacef 1.5 and belongs to the group of medicines called antibiotics used to treat various bacterial infections such as blood infection, meningitis, respiratory tract infection, urine infection, gonorrhea, skin, abdominal, bone, and joint infections. A harmful bacteria produces chemicals known as toxins, which can damage tissue and make you sick.
Cefoperazone and Sulbactam Injection is a combination of two drugs: Cefoperazone and Sulbactam. Cefoperazone is an antibiotic that works by stopping the formation of the bacterial protective layer, which is required for bacteria to survive. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that is used to decrease bacterial resistance and enhance the activity of cefoperazone.
Use of Cefoperazone and Sulbactam Injection
- Urine infections
- Blood infections
- Respiratory tract infection
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Urine infections
- Bone and Joint infections
Direction For Use
- Even if you begin to feel better, finish the advised course. the infection can come back and be more difficult to treat.
- Do not self-administer because it will be administered by a healthcare professional.
- Read and follow the instructions carefully that are given on the packs of medicine.
- Take the accurate dose of medicine that is prescribed by your doctor because the dose depends on your healthcare condition.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from the direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Please inform your doctor if you have any allergies, or kidney or liver problems.
- If you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy then firstly consult your doctor.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking it to prevent unpleasant side effects.
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding as it may pass into breast milk.
- Allergic reaction
Frequently Asked Questions for Cefoperazone and Sulbactam Injection
How long does it take for this medicine to start working?
Typically, this injection begins to work shortly after being taken. The process of becoming healthy and getting rid of all the harmful bacteria, however, can take many days.
How does it work?
This medicine is a combination of two medicines: Cefoperazone and Sulbactam. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefoperazone against bacteria. Cefoperazone is an antibiotic that works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria.
What is the Side Effects of it?
According to medical research, this medicine is well tolerated, so most of the side effects are mild and moderate. Some common side effects during taking the drug include diarrhea, Allergic reaction, Abnormal liver function tests, anemia, and Increased bilirubin in the blood.
Can it be the cause of Diarrhea?
Yes, Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with this injection may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.