Cefepime and Tazobactam for Injection: This medicine belongs to the branding of JEYPIME-T and is a combination of antibiotic medications used to treat bacterial infections. Bacterial infections are reason by the multiplication of harmful bacteria inside or on the body. This medicine is a combination of two compositions: Cefepime and Tazobactam.
Cefepime is a cephalosporin antibiotic that works by preventing the formation of the cell wall which is essential for its survival by preventing protein synthesis. Tazobactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that is used to improve the spectrum of antibacterial action by inhibiting the action of beta-lactamase.
Uses of Cefepime and Tazobactam for Injection
- Respiratory Tract Infection
- Skin infection
- Bacterial Infection
- Abdomen Infection
Direction For Use
- This injection will be administered by a healthcare professional; do not self-administer.
- Consume it as prescribed by the doctor because an overdose can be risky for you.
- Finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Clean your skin before applying this medicine.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from the direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Inform your doctor if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat, or tongue, or breathing difficulties while taking it.
- This medicine is not recommended in children aged less than two years.
- Avoid breastfeeding mothers due to it may pass into breast milk in small amounts. So, caution should be exercised when given to them.
- Do not discontinue or abruptly stop using it as it may lead to antibiotic resistance.
- Skin rash
- Pain at the injection site
Frequently Asked Questions About Cefepime and Tazobactam for Injection
What if I don’t get better after using this medicine?
Without skipping your dose if you don’t feel better after finishing the full course of treatment then inform your doctor. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Can it be safe for children?
This medicine is not recommended for children below two years of age. It can be used safely in children above two years. Please consult your doctor for more information before using this drug for your children.
Can I stop taking this injection when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking this medicine and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Can a person consume alcohol with this medication?
No, it is not advised to consume alcohol with this medication. Because alcohol can increase the risk of side effects and make it ineffective for your body.