Cefixime Oral Suspension comes under the branding Ellixime-100. It belongs to a class of group called “cephalosporin antibiotics” that is generally used to treat several bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as infections of the ear, nose, sinuses (sinusitis), throat (tonsillitis, pharyngitis), chest and lungs (bronchitis, pneumonia) and urinary system (cystitis and kidney infections). Furthermore, it is also prescribed to treat uncomplicated gonorrhea (cervical/urethral).
Cefixime Oral Suspension contains Cefixime 7.5mg which works by killing bacteria and preventing their growth. To elaborate, it acts to inhibit cell wall synthesis. In turn, CEFIXIME SYRUP weakens and destroys the bacterial cell wall, leading to death. As a result, Cefixime Oral Suspension helps to treat bacterial infections.
Best Uses of Cefixime Oral Suspension
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections(cystitis and kidney infections)
- Skin and soft tissue infections
Medical Benefits for Patients
Cefixime Oral Suspension offers serveral medical benefits. Follow the prescribed dosage and duration of treatment even if you start to feel better.
- Cefixime Oral Syrup is safe for children.
- Highly effective in treating a wide range of bacterial infections.
- Treat symptoms associated with the infection, such as throat infection, urinary discomfort, chest and lungs (bronchitis, pneumonia), and sinuses.
- Provides broad-spectrum coverage against many types of bacteria.
- Cefixime Oral Suspension often leads to improved clinical outcomes
- It helps to prevent the progression of bacterial infections.
Dosage and Administration Instructions
Take Cefixime Oral Syrup as per the Healthcare provider’s prescription. It is usually prescribed by the doctor once or twice a day. Patients have to take medicine same time every:
- Cefixime Oral Suspension should be taken by mouth.
- Using the measuring cup.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
Storage is essential for keeping medicine safe, store the syrup according to the mentioned instructions in the package label, here are the general instructions for storage:
- keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
- Do not use expired medication or medication that appears discolored or has particles in it.
Precautions and Warnings
Use of this Cefixime Oral Suspension should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- The syrup should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Side Effects of Cefixime Oral Suspension
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition. Usually, the side effects go away on time, but if you find that symptoms worsen contact your healthcare provider or doctor.
- Dyspepsia or indigestion
- Loose stools
- Abdominal pain
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I store Cefixime Oral Suspension?
Store the suspension at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep it out of reach of children and pets. Do not use expired medication or medication that appears discolored or has particles in it.
Is there any side of Cefixime Oral Suspension?
The side effects are very rare, but like other medications, the potential side effects are Diarrhea, Nausea, Dyspepsia, or indigestion, Vomiting, Loose stools, and Abdominal pain.
Can I drink alcohol with medication?
No, generally it is not safe to alcohol with medication because you may suffer from serveral side effects.